Learn How Connect America Medical Alert Devices Work
Connect America personal medical alert devices are simple and easy to use. The personal help button is designed to be worn around the home at all times, even in the bath or shower.
Customers can rest assured knowing that help is available at the press of a button, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Connect America makes independent living easy.
Connect America Medical Alert Systems Include :
• The 2-way voice communicator unit
• 1 wireless personal help button that can be worn as a bracelet or pendant, or on a belt clip. Additional transmitters are available at no cost.
Specifications and Features:
- Two-way voice capability (with optional VB-4B voice board)
- Suitable for temporary or permanent installations
- Braille characters for EMERGENCY, HOME, and CLEAR buttons
- Speakerphone capability (with optional VB-4B voice board)
- Delayed, silent alarm feature
- Selectable inactivity reporting: 8, 12, or 24 hours
- Selectable two-way voice activation (with optional VB-4B voice board)
- Single telephone seizure and true phone line seizure capability
- Distinct alarm tones provided for emergency and fire alarm conditions
- Power on/off switch
- Capacity for up to 16 DX/DXS transmitters
- Point ID communicator reporting
- Programmable with Windows-based RA-2400 Software
- Installs in minutes
- UL listed per standard 1637
- DX and DXS format
- Operating Frequency: 315 MHz
- Backup battery size: 12 volts, 1.2 Amp/hour (32 hour backup)
Medical Alert System Features
How to Install a Medical Alert System in the Home
The Connect America medical response system is an easy, self-install medical alert system that plugs into your phone just like an answering machine! Save time and money by self installing the system yourself, or have a friend, neighbor or relative do it for you. We simply ship you the unit and you follow the steps below to install and activate.
Follow these 3 simple steps to self-install:
Place the Connect America medical alert system (the main communicator unit) in a central place of the home by the main phone and near a power outlet. In a home with multiple levels, we suggest the main floor and in an area away from high humidity. Plug the AC adapter into the power outlet.
Unplug your phone from the wall jack. Plug the end of your phone line into the back of the main Connect America communicator unit into the input marked "Phone". Using the phone cord supplied, plug the larger end into the input on the back of the main Connect America communicator unit marked "Line". Finally, plug the smaller end into the existing wall jack. Flip the switch on the back of the Connect America alert system to "On".
Call 1-800-325-1787 to activate your Connect America medical alert system. We will walk you through the activation procedure. When instructed to do so, you will hang up the phone and press your Personal Help button. Our Emergency Response Operator will greet you through the Connect America medical alert system to confirm your setup is complete.
Valued- Benefits for Choosing Connect America Medical Alert Systems
- Connect America medical alert devices act as a speakerphone. If the phone rings, press your personal help button to answer the phone and speak through the Connect America medical alert system or Connect America communicator unit.
- Connect America’s personal help button is waterproof. It can be worn in the bath or shower, where most falls are likely to occur.
- Connect America personal alert devices are supervised for low battery signals. Our monitoring center will receive a signal if either the personal help button or the two-way voice communicator unit are low on battery life.
- Connect America personal alert devices are portable.
Connect America’s Emergency Monitoring Center"Quick emergency response times to medical alerts is essential to our customers."
We have a ULC-listed, interlinked monitoring center available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Friendly, professional Emergency Response Operators are Security Industry Association certified and experienced working with Seniors and the disabled
State-of-the-art, secure software stores your medical information and is available instantly on the Operator's screen when an emergency alert device signal is received
Industry leading emergency response times to disabled and senior panic alerts
Ability to conduct weekly tests on your Connect America medical alert system
Connect America’s Customer Service & Technical Support
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist you
- Extended customer service business hours for account updates, services changes, and technical support by calling 1-800-325-1787 or by submitting a request at Medical Alert Customer Service.
- Coast-to-coast local emergency medical alert services available through our corporate offices or Connect America dealer network.
What happens when I press the personal help button?
When a customer needs help, they simply press their personal emergency help button.
1. A medical alert signal will instantly be sent to the Emergency Response Monitoring Center indicating that help is required. The Connect America medical alarm system will announce that it is contacting the monitoring center.
2. Our specially trained Emergency Response Operator will listen in and speak to you through the two-way voice communicator unit to quickly assess the situation and ask if you need help.
3. The Emergency Response Operator will dispatch the appropriate help on your behalf. This could be a neighbor, friend, family member, or emergency services like the paramedics, fire department or police. Dispatches can be customized so that customers can determine who they want called first in the event of an emergency.